Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Waiting to be Commanded in All Things?

With my life in transition, I've been thinking a lot about how to make decision - specifically the role of making my own decisions vs asking God for confirmation that I'm making wise and productive decisions.

The awesome thing about personal revelation is that you can receive direction in life.

The hard thing about personal revelation is the potential danger of waiting around to be told what to do.

As I was thinking in circles about this, the following scripture came to mind:

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.

Time to get doing!

No comments: