Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hope

Someone recently told me that I am full of hope. This got me thinking about what I should hope for. I believe that my hope should be in and through Christ, but what exactly should I hope for?

I turned to the scriptures and found the following answers:

1. Mercy, through the Atonement of Christ (see Psalms 33:22)
2. Peace and comfort (see Psalms 42:11)
3. Salvation, or rewards in the life to come (see Proverbs 14:32)
4. Positive change in others (see Proverbs 19:18)
5. Eternal life (see Titus 1:2)
6. A better world (see Ether 12:4)
7. The ability to endure all things (see Article of Faith 13)

I do firmly believe that things will work out. Even if things get crazy, or hard or crazy hard. Even if there is pain and uncertainty and life doesn't go how we hoped it would. I believe a loving Heavenly Father has my best interests in mind and knows what I need to learn and grow and to ultimately be happy.

Especially in times of transition or uncertainty in my life, I find myself talking with people about how I know things will work out - the only questions are when, and what will happen between now and then. So I choose to have hope. I choose to give thanks that I am given opportunities to grow and be stretched - "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good" (Doctrine and Covenants 122:7)

This I know!

No comments: