Thursday, February 13, 2020

Speaks To My Soul: Brighter Days by Eddie Kirkland


Sometimes nearly an entire song speaks to me (as with Doin’ Fine). Other times it is a couple of words or phrases that get me (or that I fully get?)


Life's not easy, when you live with
Your heart open wide


So, I want to live with my heart open, and I agree with Lauren Alaina that it’s better that way. 

But that doesn’t make it easy.

Not easy to do (especially after getting so good at keeping my heart closed or at least hidden behind walls of self-protection).

Not easy to feel all the pain and rejection that can come to a wide-open heart.

But I still want it. And I second what Eddie Kirkland sings:


Don't let me walk away


And I remind myself:


No, pain is not the enemy
I'm just learning how to change


Change can be just as hard and painful as living with your heart wide open. But I feel certain both of them are worth it – and far better than any alternative.


No comments: