Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fear

"What am I going to do? I need a job!"

My mind was full of fear and those thoughts as I laid in bed trying to force my body to fall asleep (still adjusting to being back in my time zone . . .)

"Heavenly Father, I know that thou art aware of me, and I believe that everything will work out."

As I turned to God in prayer, I felt a great sense of peace wash over me. My mind was calmed. I again felt that everything would be okay. I was also reminded that someone recently counseled me to hand my fears over to God and let my faith push out my fear.

How grateful I am that is possible - and that I got to experience it again last night!

In the words of President Thomas S. Monson: “My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.” (PS the whole article this was quoted in is worth a read)

1 comment:

The Fintch said...

I understand, feel, and sympathize with your pain.