Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So Much to be Thankful for

I love this time of year - I love the music. I love the weather turning cold. I love spending time with family and friends. I love being able to take a step back and remember what is important in life.

This morning as I was getting ready for work I was listening to some Christmas songs and the following lyrics really touched my heart:

Somedays we forget
To look around us
Somedays we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.

So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.

Thankful, Josh Grobin

I was especially drawn to the line "And even though we all can still do more/There's so much to be thankful for."

Life isn't perfect. And there really is so much more I could do on any given day or in any given moment, but I also know that there really is so, so much to be grateful for.

May each of you have a Christmas Season full of the love of God and gratitude.

No comments: