Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Favorite Truth

Truth is an interesting thing. I believe that some truth is relative and some truth is absolute. One thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that I am a child of God. We all are. We have a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us individually. That is so cool to me.

This is a truth I come back to in my moments of stress, frustration, contemplation, awe, joy - in moments of doubt and moments of gratitude. It is one of my favorite truths to share with others. It shapes the way I look at the world - both the way I think about myself and those around me. Since we are all children of God, and He loves each of us, that means I should love and respect all of my fellow human beings too. I try to do that. Sometimes I'm more effective than others :)

I am grateful for the fundamental, wonderful and absolute truth the we have a Father in Heaven that knows and loves us. I am equally grateful that it is a truth that each of us can come to know for ourselves.

No comments: