Friday, March 4, 2011

Favorite Thing to do in Vermont (4-year-old Perspective)

I was on a walk with a 4-year-old yesterday when we heard a helicopter overhead. He was excited to look at it and I asked him where he thought the helicopter was going. His response: Vermont.

Knowing he had recently been to Vermont to ski, I asked him what his favorite thing to do in Vermont was (anticipating that I would get to hear about his ski trip, of course). His response was not at all what I expected.

"Well, read a book, take a walk . . ." he listed a couple other things and then in a very excited voice finished, "and then get a treat! Yeah!"

Thanks for the 4-year-old perspective! It is not always about the big things - people we love and activities we do all the time are more than enough to bring great joy.

No comments: