Saturday, December 21, 2019

Twelve Songs of Christmas Day 9: Shepherd's Chorus

One of my friends got a group together to go see the Boston Pops Holiday Concert this year. It was incredible!

They played and sang music from Amahl and the Night Visitors, and I was grateful for the introduction to this gem!

My mind has been drawn back to one of the lines from Shepherd's Chorus over and over again:

"...this is all we shepherds can offer you"

The response?

"Thank you, thank you, thank you kindly"

It is all too easy to feel like we have little to offer.

Feeling that way can make us hesitant to share - either afraid that it will not be well received or sufficient for the needs of the receiver, or for fear that there will not be enough to go around (and that we'll be the one left lacking).

Another song's lyrics come to mind:

When all you've got is nothing
There's a lot to go around


-Through Heaven's Eyes 

My goal: Share what I have, and receive what I'm given, whatever that may be, with thanks. 

No comments: